Monday, November 1, 2010

Nov 1, 2010

Leak
The boys
The Wasp
Independence
Submarines
USS Nicholas

Baked by Paisley Decorated by Sabastian

Container Ships
Tugs and Barges
Coal Piers
Norfolk,VA
Yesterday, we left Norview Marina at 9:45am. It was a beautiful day to be on the water. We had John aboard with us for the journey. My parents and Andrew's parents came up to Deltaville,VA and drove our vehicles down to Portsmouth,VA for us. Our journey was going very well. We had nice calm waters and the sun was shining bright. Paisley was down below baking a cake. Sometime around noon I went down below to check on the kids. The waves were kicking up a bit from the west and I wanted to make sure the cake was out of the oven. Sabastian was laying down in the forward stateroom. As I walked in I noticed that water was coming in through the anchor locker. I opened up the hatch and noticed that where we had fiberglass repair work last fall did not hold up. I called for Andrew to come help find a solution. Meanwhile John was captaining the boat through the rough water. See above picture for Andrew's wonderful idea to stop the spay of continual water entering our boat. Paisley and I stayed below in the forward stateroom to keep an eye on the situation. Sometime around 2:00pm the water calmed down and we had nice weather for the rest of the journey. We arrived at 4:30pm at Tidewater Yacht safe and sound.



No comments:

Post a Comment